Monday, July 9, 2012

Artist for week 5
Dave Acton
A self taught artist who is currently working with the computer as the medium for his work using Twisted Brush software. Dave has also done art in watercolour, oil and woodcarving, and dabbled a little in poetry.
Vase and Oranges"

watercolour

"White Pines of Galetta"
Art has always been part of my life and is a natural endeavour for me. I love working with my hands and also the aesthetics of trying to impart the sense of empathy in what I see and enjoy around me.
I am self-taught and tend to get involved with an art media for 4 to 5 years and then move on to another. In this regard, I have spent years in each of the areas of photography, watercolours, oils, carving and now I am just getting into digital art. I also have dabbled a little in poetry and see it as an extension of a painter's brush.
My journey into digital art is one of trying to use it in a way that closely resembles the natural media of watercolours, oils etc and endeavouring to produce one off printed canvases.
I generally prefer figurative type painting but as you can see my work tends to reflect a pretty eclectic interest. I enjoy the outdoors and cross country-skiing in winter and kayaking and gardening in summer. I mention this as it so influences the subject of my art. A little taste of this is illustrated here. ON EARLY MORNINGOn an Early Morning.
Until now I have had a section in this website on my kayaking travels. This can now be found at WWW.PADDLER.CAwww.ThePaddler.ca





2 comments: